Secure Mail and Mail components now support NTLM, including Integrated Windows Authentication (single sign-on). It is now possible to authenticate as the user under whose context the application is running, without the need to specify the username and password again. This works with MS Exchange and other mail servers that support NTLM authentication.
ProxySocket component, used by both Rebex Mail and Rebex FTP, also supports NTLM authentication for HTTP CONNECT proxies.
Complete list of changes for build 2438:
- IMAP, POP3, SMTP: Added support for NTLM authentication.
- IMAP: Added support for EXTERNAL authentication (to be used with client certificate authentication).
- MIME: Fixed a bug that could cause the parser to hang if a specifically-malformed Content-Type header was encountered.
- MIME: Base64 parser made more liberal.
- MIME: Address list parser enhanced to be able to parse more variants of malformed lists.
- ProxySocket: Added support for NTLM authentication through HTTP CONNECT proxies.
- SecureSocket: Several TLS/SSL optimization changes.
- Security: Several new methods added.