End of 50% discount for renewing long-expired support
Renewal discount for long expired support contracts will no longer be available after March 5th, 2018. This will affect all contracts that have been expired for more than 12 months.
Why we are making this change
During the last two years we've added a bunch of new features to Rebex components. To name a few:
- New HTTPS component with modern security on legacy platforms
- New SSH and SFTP server component with virtual file system
- Elliptic curve cryptography support
- Support for dozens of modern TLS ciphers
- Support for new OpenSSH private key format
- SHA-2 on legacy platforms (such as .NET Compact Framework)
- EWS (Exchange Web Services) in Secure Mail component
- Support for new platforms including .NET Core and .NET Standard
- SSH tunneling and port forwarding
- NuGet distribution
- Telnet over TLS/SSL and YMODEM in terminal emulation component
- and hundreds of smaller changes.
We plan to add even more of new exiting stuff in the future. For example:
- TLS 1.3
- AES/GCM and ETM cipher support in SSH
- WebSockets component
- Full support for .NET Core 2.x on Linux
To support all this development, we decided to change our policy a bit.
Support contract renewal policy
With an active support contract, you gain access to new versions of Rebex components and priority support.
In the past, we offered a 50% renewal discount no matter how long your support contract has been expired.
New support renewal policy
When your support contract is active (not expired) or has expired less than one year ago:
- Renewal price is 50% of the full license (same as before).
When your support contract expired more than a year ago
- Discounted renewal is no longer available. You have to purchase a new license.
This change will become effective on March 5th, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com