Build 2621 brings support of the next-generation internet protocol, IPv6, for all our TCP components. IPv6 is supported in .NET Framework 1.1 or higher and .NET Compact Framework 2.0. At the moment, most networks still only support IPv4, and the same goes for FTP servers and mail servers. However, the adoption of IPv6 will only grow, and by using Rebex components, your application can be future-proof already - there is no need to change a single line of your code!
We also fixed several minor incompatibilities in the samples on Windows Vista. No problems were found in the component assemblies.
This build also comes with enhanced samples. In Rebex SFTP, there is a new Key Generator sample that can generate private keys for SSH key-based authentication, and support for this authentication method has been added to WinFormClient. In Rebex FTP/SSL, WinFormClient has been enhanced to support client certificate authentication.
The TLS/SSL core used by FTP/SSL and Secure Mail has been refactored with an aim of making it easier to debug problems. This shouldn't affect you unless your application uses our SSL library directly.
Complete list of changes:
- FTP: IPv6 support with .NET Framework 1.1/2.0/3.0 and .NET Compact Framework 2.0.
- FTP: Fixed a bug that caused the Close method of the Stream returned by GetDownloadStream to fail with some servers on fast networks.
- FTP: Enhanced handling of uploads terminated by the server. More meaningful exceptions are now reported.
- FTP: Compatibility enhancements in download aborting code.
- FTP: Fixed a minor bug in FtpResponse class.
- FTP: Upgraded to the latest version of Rebex SSL library.
- SFTP: IPv6 support with .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0/3.0.
- SSH: Fingerprint property added to SshPrivateKey class.
- SMTP/POP3/IMAP: Upgraded to the latest version of Rebex SSL library.
- SMTP/POP3/IMAP: IPv6 support with .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0/3.0.
- SSL: New refactored TLS/SSL core introduced.
- MIME: Fixed a bug in one of the MailAddress constructors that caused an exception to be thrown when a specifically malformed e-mail address was encountered by Imap's GetMessageList in envelope mode.
- FTP Samples: WinFormClient supports client certificate authentication.
- FTP Samples: WinFormClient is now Vista-compatible.
- SFTP Samples: Key Generator application.
- SFTP Samples: Public key authentication support added to WinFormClient sample.
- SFTP Samples: WinFormClient is now Vista-compatible.
- Mail Samples: Pop3Browser sample is now Vista-compatible.
Now, we are going to concentrate on getting the Compact Framework version of Rebex SFTP and Rebex Mail ready. If you have a need for these components, stay tuned! GetDownloadStream/GetUploadStream for Rebex SFTP is also on the way.