Build 2567 adds an important new feature to Rebex SFTP component - support for public key authentication. Instead of using a password to authenticate, it is now possible to use an RSA or DSA private key instead. Check out the public key authentication and private and public key generation tutorials for more details.
Additionally, there are several fixes and optimizations in Rebex FTP and our support libraries.
Complete list of changes:
- SFTP/SSH: Added support for RSA and DSA public key authentication.
- SFTP: Added workaround for ShellFTP server that has a bad habit of dropping SSH sessions after the SFTP session is closed.
- SSH: Added support for Diffie-Hellman Group Exchange authentication (RFC 4419).
- SSH: Fixed a bug that caused Timeout value to be ignored when waiting for the server's initial message.
- SSH: SshFingerprint class made serializable.
- FTP: Rebex Secure FTP renamed to Rebex FTP/SSL in order to avoid confusion with Rebex SFTP.
- FTP: Fixed a bug in the Close method of the stream returned by GetUploadStream and GetDownloadStream method.
- Security: Added PrivateKeyInfo class and an ability to load and save private keys.
- Security: Fixed a bug in DSAManaged class that made impossible to use keys of some sizes.
- Security: Random big integer generator optimized.
- Security: Several typos in documentation fixed.
In the next build, we plan to add a key generation sample/utility and GetUploadStream/GetDownloadStream methods to the SFTP component.